Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

My first Z Palette and depotting eyeshadows

Thursday 2 April 2015
I recently decided to finally get myself a Z Palette, due to the fact that both my Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette and the Urban Decay 50th Anniversary palette had beautiful shadows in them which I just wasn't using because of the size of the palettes. Now I don't know about you but when it comes to palettes slimmer is always better in my mind. So I bought the small pink Z Palette from Amazon (£14.99), it comes with some magnets which is good but the magnets are awful - I would recommend just buying your own, my eyeshadows keep sliding all over the place... For £14.99 I think it is over priced, the quality of the actual palette is good but at the end of the day it is just an empty magnetic palette.




Anyway I have little to no experience in depotting, the only thing I have ever depotted before today was my MAC All That Glitters eye shadow because I had to have it in my MAC palette. There were a few casualties (r.i.p Midnight 15 and Ace) but I thought I did an okay-ish job. I just used a lighter to heat up the bottom on the palette and when it seemed hot enough i pushed my nail scissors through the plastic. Once the shadow was out I stuck on a magnet and voila!



And this is my finished palette, i'm quite happy with it to be honest. Hopefully now I will use the shadows more than when they were in their bulky original packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mintier © 2014